These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out below are the Rules (“Rules”) and apply to the Australia Sail Grand Prix 2024 Free Prize Draw incentive (“Incentive”) run by Mariner Insurance Ltd ("Promoter").
Mariner Insurance reserves the right to cancel or amend the Incentive or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be notified by email, on our website or in these Rules.
In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, Incentive, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Incentive, the decision of Mariner Insurance Ltd shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
The promotional materials, including information on how to enter the prize draw, form part of these terms and conditions.
Entry into the prize draw is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Conditions of Entry:
1. How to Enter: Respondents receive one entry in the draw for each Mariner Insurance policy that is active on the closing date of the promotion.
2. Employees and immediate family members of the Promoter are not eligible to enter.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
4. This promotion ends at midnight on Wednesday 31 January 2024. Policies that are not in force at this time will not be eligible for entry.
5. The winner(s) will be selected randomly from all the entries received. The draw will take place by 5pm on Friday 2 February 2024. Attempts will be made to notify the winners by phone or email at the contact details provided. If the Promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact the winners by 5pm on 9 February 2020, then the prize is forfeited and a further draw will be conducted. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for 2 to Sydney for the Australia Sail Grand Prize, Sydney. The prize includes flights, a hotel for 2 nights and tickets to the event on Saturday 24 February 2024. Flights depart Friday 23 February and return Sunday 25 February. The retail value of this trip is at least $3,500 (including GST). The prize excludes Travel Insurance. It is recommended that the winner takes out a suitable travel insurance policy from a recognised provider to cover this trip.
7. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The prizes, including the dates and travel times, must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen or misdirected entries.
10. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (including their respective officers, employees and agents) shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this offer, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
11. Certain legislation may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations upon the Promoter which cannot be, or may only be to a limited extent, excluded, restricted or modified. These Rules must be read subject to those statutory provisions. These Rules will not affect any statutory rights that a claimant may have.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms or if the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
13. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
14. The Promoter is not responsible for any loss resulting from problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to entrant's or any other person's mobile handset or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
15. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or delay the promotion, subject to any written directions made under applicable legislation.
16. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage the Promoter's promotional website or the information on the website, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by an entrant, the entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
17. The Promoter collects participants' personal information in order to conduct the prize draw. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the prize draw. Acceptance of the prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the winner's details and photographs for media purposes without any further compensation.
18. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
20. The Promoter is Mariner Insurance Limited, PO Box 204362, Highbrook, Auckland 2161.